Workshop #4: EXPAND — WIDENING YOUR WINDOW OF TOLERANCE
Wednesday, 8/2 @ 6 PM US/Central
Backstage Pass Group Coaching Call: Tuesday, 8/8 @ 10 AM US/Central. Backstage Passes are included with the “All-Access Pass” and the “Private Access Pass.” They are available a la carte at $55.
Once we begin practicing awareness, get curious about the voices in our heads, start facing our triggers and regulating our nervous systems, and start reconnecting with our bodies, we are already NATURALLY widening our “windows of tolerance”.
“Developed by Dan Siegel, a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, the Window of Tolerance describes the best state of ‘arousal’ or stimulation in which we are able to function and thrive in everyday life. When we exist within this window, we are able to learn effectively, play, and relate well to ourselves and others.”
Now, we can’t always be OUTSIDE our windows of tolerance. That’s where chronic dysregulation lives.
But, we can’t always be INSIDE our windows of tolerance either. Because your comfort zone is a lovely place, but no growth happens there.
In EXPAND, we’re going to…
- discuss in detail what the Window of Tolerance is
- learn how to widen your window of tolerance through choice, exposure to stressors, titration, and sovereign safety
- discuss why we need to be within our windows of tolerance to “turn off” the stress response — but why staying within that window makes us stuck
- learn how to identify your signs of distress before you throw yourself so far outside your window of tolerance that you’re triggered af
- share what Newton’s Third Law of Physics has to do with your nervous system
- learn the difference between nervous system regulation that is supportive of expansion vs. using nervous system tools to regulate away uncomfortable feelings — like, what’s the line here?
- discuss why the “goal” of “healing” is NOT to always be regulated and within your window of tolerance and share what a much more realistic goal is
- learn how to increase the resiliency, capacity, and flexibility of your nervous system and build self-trust using intentional stressors
- empower you to “ride the edge” of your window of tolerance while gently increasing what you’re able to handle
- give you fast-acting tools so you can get back inside your window of tolerance when you need to
This workshop is open to ALL, however mental health practitioners will find EXPAND to be very helpful in working with clients with small windows of tolerance.
Of course, EXPAND is built on the foundation of the previous 4 workshops, so I highly recommend attending all workshops!
After the EXPAND workshop, I’ll be hosting a group coaching call to go deeper with you on your personal questions and reflections about your own window of tolerance, how to widen it, and if you’re using nervous system tools to keep your window smaller than it needs to be.
Bring your real questions, “what ifs”, fears, doubts, and whatever else you want coaching on and I’m HERE FOR IT.
You’ll need a Backstage Pass to access the EXPAND GROUP COACHING CALL on Tuesday, 8/8 at 10 AM US/Central.
Backstage Passes are included with the “All-Access Pass” and the “Private Access Pass.” An a la carte Backstage Pass is $55.
If you decide to attend all 6 workshops and would like Backstage Passes to all 6 group calls, buy the All-Access Pass!