Workshop #3: OVERCOMING HEALTH ANXIETY
Wednesday, 7/12 @ 6 PM US/Central
Backstage Pass Group Coaching Call: Tuesday, 7/18 10 AM US/Central. Backstage Passes are included with the “All-Access Pass” and the “Private Access Pass.” They are available a la carte at $55.
OVERCOMING HEALTH ANXIETY is a workshop for people who are afraid of their own bodies.
That’s such a startling statement, isn’t it? To be afraid of one’s own body, to never feel safe within yourself is such a space of profound grief.
I, too, spent many years afraid of my own body. Every new sensation, noise, ache, twinge, and symptom brought up so much fear and dread.
Many with health anxiety are afraid of death. Me? I was afraid of “the healing journey”. I was afraid that each new sensation/symptom meant I had to fix it.
So that I didn’t have to feel it anymore.
So that I wouldn’t be afraid.
So that I could be “healed” (whatever that means).
So that I could finally live my life.
Yes, I put my life on hold for years while I was on the Hamster Wheel of Wellness, trying to fix and control everything my body did.
In OVERCOMING HEALTH ANXIETY, we will…
- explore why it’s not your fault that you feel terrified of your own body and its sensations
- talk about the 2 forms of dissociation that express in health anxiety
- discuss the one thing people with health anxiety are seeking — certainty — and how to cultivate self-trust instead
- answer the burning question every person with health anxiety asks which is: “BUT WHAT IF THERE’S SOMETHING REALLY WRONG WITH ME?”
- learn why feeling without fear changes the energy with which we approach our own healthcare
- breakdown how we can practice awareness and curiosity when we’re in a health anxiety trigger
- begin to move out of resistance and fear of our bodies and move into acceptance and surrender of whatever is present
- discuss what it actually means to “listen to your body”
- bring awareness to how our cognitively-driven culture reinforces disconnection from and fear of our bodies and sensation
- learn about why it’s scary for people with health anxiety, and how to gently widen your window of tolerance to hold uncomfortable sensations
- get curious about the voices in our heads and all the crazy, but believable stories they tell us about our bodies
- re-orient to experiencing our bodies through pleasure instead of only through pain and why long-term, pleasure has the ability to change your physiology
- learn how to “talk back” to your body when you’re experiencing uncomfortable sensations or health anxiety
- talk about why we’re dysregulating ourselves more with health anxiety than if we were actually present with sensation with curiosity instead of judgment
- discuss how to re-pattern your relationship with yourself through pleasure
Don’t have health anxiety? I STILL recommend this workshop because of how I teach connecting to the body through pleasure.
One week after the OVERCOMING HEALTH ANXIETY workshop, I’ll be hosting a group coaching call to go deeper with you on safely reconnecting with your body and learning how to feel without fear, even if you’re in a symptom flare.
Bring your real questions, “what ifs”, fears, doubts, and whatever else you want coaching on and I’m HERE FOR IT.
You’ll need a Backstage Pass to access the HEALTH ANXIETY GROUP COACHING CALL on Tuesday, 7/18
at 10 AM US/Central.
Backstage Passes are included with the “All-Access Pass” and the “Private Access Pass.” An a la carte Backstage Pass is $55.
If you decide to attend all 6 workshops and would like Backstage Passes to all 6 group calls, buy the All-Access Pass!