Workshop #1: Wake Up – What, Why, & How of Awareness
Wednesday, 5/24 @ 6 PM US/Central
Backstage Pass Group Coaching Call: Tuesday, 5/30 @ 10 AM US/Central. Backstage Passes are included with the “All-Access Pass” and the “Private Access Pass.” They are available a la carte at $55.
In this workshop, we will be exploring AWARENESS: what it is (and isn’t), why it’s important, and how to practice it.
The SINGLE GREATEST thing that’s helped me heal MORE than nervous system work and MORE than brain-healing is… having AWARENESS of what I’m sensing and what the voice in my head says about it.
When I am NOT AWARE of the voice in my head or of what I’m feeling, I fall back into old patterns and unconscious choices.
WAKE UP & REGULATE
I have taught the “regulate” part in my NSYS101 workshop, Thawing the Freeze Response workshop, Nervous System CPR toolkit, and Nervous System Hygiene Group Program.
This brand-new workshop is the “wake up” part!
Awareness is a simple, yet multi-faceted concept. We can always have deeper awareness about anything, including ourselves!
A willingness to practice awareness is such a key component to my work that I have never taught a workshop, class, or group without talking about it and without inviting clients to get curious about themselves.
Before we can FEEL WITHOUT FEAR, we have to become aware of what we’re feeling and why we’re so afraid of feeling it.
We have to become aware of how we judge what we feel and how we try to fix, micromanage, get rid of, and pathologize how we feel.
Awareness is about noticing with curiosity…
Noticing with curiosity…
- what you’re feeling
- what you’re thinking about what you’re feeling
- what your typical reactions are to what you feel
- when you’re feeling health anxiety
- what triggers you
- what the voice(s) in your head say or catastrophize about how you feel
- what’s inside and outside your window of tolerance
- when you’re exercising your self-responsibility and agency and when you’re not
- when we’re still operating under the conditioning that taught us to fear and pathologize our own body’s sensations
- different parts of you that are wounded, stuck, and afraid
- sources of lifestyle inflammation
In WAKE UP, we’re going to explore it all so you can get a clearer picture of the concept of awareness.
And, we’re going to practice noticing all of the above PLUS learn…
- what conscious awareness actually is
- why awareness is like a muscle that must be strengthened
- why the spiritual aspect of our being is necessary and must be integrated into our Selves
- why spirituality has NOTHING to do with organized religion and you don’t have to go to church, read any particular books, etc.
- how awareness creates the perfect conditions in our brains for neuroplasticity
- how to notice when awareness becomes over-thinking and hypervigilance
- how we can practice awareness and notice with curiosity, and how to notice our own Inner Critic or Inner Judge
- the role of awareness in healing Complex PTSD – I’ll be teaching more about C-PTSD in this workshop than any other workshop
- why we’re not trying to regulate our way out of being humans and how to have acceptance for that
- why what we FEEL actually isn’t the problem and what creates our suffering
- how we can become aware of the positive things we feel and experience, too, and why those have just as much importance as the “negative” stuff
- some neutral questions we can use to practice curiosity instead of judgment and self-shaming
- what the voice or voices in your head actually are and why they aren’t always reliable sources of fact or Truth
- my particular version of parts work that I use with all of my 1:1 clients
- my 4-step process for how to feel your feelings, work through a trigger, and find safety within yourself
After the Wake Up workshop, I’ll be hosting a group coaching call to go deeper with you on practicing awareness.
Bring your real questions, potential confusion, fears you may have, and whatever else you want coaching on and I’m HERE FOR IT.
You’ll need a Backstage Pass to access the WAKE UP GROUP COACHING CALL on Tuesday, 5/30 at 10 AM US/Central.
Backstage Passes are included with the “All-Access Pass” and the “Private Access Pass.” An a la carte Backstage Pass is $55.
If you decide to attend all 6 workshops and would like Backstage Passes to all 6 group calls, buy the All-Access Pass!